Solomon Islands Consul will do everything they can to help Solomon Island national in difficulty while in Canada. 

If you are a Solomon Islands national in need of help outside of Canada please contact the nearest Solomon Islands Embassy, High Commission or the Consulate office. We cannot extend any assistance beyond Canada. This page gives detailed advice about what help we can provide if you do get into difficulty. We offer help, which is appropriate to the individual circumstances of each case.

What consular officials can help do:  

  • Providing information and contacts that will assist you being issued with a  replacement passport;
  • Providing appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital;
  • Providing details of local lawyers, interpreters and doctors and funeral directors;
  • Doing all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained;
  • Offering support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives overseas, missing people and kidnapping;
  • Contacting family or friends for you if you want;
  • Making special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters.

What consular officials cannot provide assistance with :

  • Get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings;
  • Help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures;
  • Give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers;
  • Get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people;
  • Pay any bills or give you money ;
  • Make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation; or
  • Make business arrangements on your behalf.